Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic Kismet Bot?

Hi guys.

In my game developer arsenal, I have 1 skeletal mesh, 1 walking animation, and I desire to make it so it walks around in a set path using only kismet. Is it possible?

extra note: Its a creature that i want to roam the halls in my game and i was going to attach a dynamic trigger to it so when it hits the player, it kills them. It sounds ghetto, but i can make it fun/scary. Plus, i would be able to use this technique (if it exists) for a bunch of other uses, i just cant think of any off the top of my head.

use a skeletalmeshactorwalkable(but set its physics to interpolating) and matinee to plot the coarse.

Comment

is a skeletalmeshactorwalkable different from a regular skeletal mesh? because i tried using matinee but it just put the skeletalmesh back to its original spot once the animation was done.

Comment

im not sure about the technical differences,it just seemed the obvious choice to test with and it worked.

another way would be export your level to your 3d program and animate the characters path there and reimport to udk with the full anim including translation.

Comment

Originally posted by _Crow_ View Post
          because i tried using matinee but it just put the skeletalmesh back to its original spot once the animation was done.
          This is definitely doable, but the Matinee defaults are sometimes unhelpful. Try playing around a little more with the Matinee settings: i.e. don't use the Mover event or the Reverse connector just use 'Play' solely! Then tick Looping, but ensure Rewind On Play is unticked along with just about all the other Kismet properties... The thing that may be tricky is getting the Matinee curve edit to loop correctly so that it loops back on itself seamlessly in the movement & rotation tracks...

Comment

Working...
          X