Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Materials imported from FBX appear and then disappear quickly in Content Browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Materials imported from FBX appear and then disappear quickly in Content Browser

This is a weird issue, and I can't find anything about it in my searches online.

I have exported several meshes from Blender as FBX files to be used in a UDK project (August 2014 release), and while the meshes appear without issue, the same cannot be said of the associated materials. These materials appear in the content browser in the same package as the meshes, but with a catch. The materials appear the very first time you open the package in the content browser, and then only for a brief moment before they disappear. Nothing I do can make them reappear, except for restarting UDK and opening the package again (at which point you again get only a brief view of the materials before they disappear). As a result, I cannot apply my materials to my meshes.

Is there anything I can do to solve this problem?

Oh, and for the record, all objects are shown and no tags are being used, so everything that exists should be appearing.

Comment

Try right click the pack and fully load it, and see if it all shows up. It's normal for a pack not to fully load up automatically at start up, but I'm not sure I've ever seen stuff appear and then disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by obihb View Post
        Try right click the pack and fully load it, and see if it all shows up. It's normal for a pack not to fully load up automatically at start up, but I'm not sure I've ever seen stuff appear and then disappear.

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately the package is already fully loaded and still the materials won't show.

Comment

Working...
        X