Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random Material rotation?

Im using UDK 5 2014 still for school.

I am trying to create a material that will rotate randomly in one direction a random amount of degrees, then stop and rotate the opposite way a random amount of degrees, and continuously loop doing that.

The reason I am trying to do this is because i have created a "holograph" type material that projects a fake pressure gauge material onto a custom mesh computer screen. I used a rotate node to make it rotate, and a constant to control speed.. but it looks too fake.

I also tried using a BIK movie. The BIK movie was from an Afer Effects animation i created. Using BIK movies are nice, but im thinking there has to be a better more "correct" way to do this.

thanks for any help

You can do this with Time/Sine nodes (multiplying 2 or 3 sine nodes with different frequencies to give a "random" appearance), but the material gets quite expensive quickly when using Sine nodes and it can take a while to get it right. Considered using a particle instead? Not sure how much particle experience you have but its much easier and cheaper to do your random rotation amounts there.

Comment

Working...
    X