Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to make a short machinima cutscene. Need tips and advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to make a short machinima cutscene. Need tips and advice?

Hi,

I'm trying to make a short jet dogfight machinima scene which involves 2 Jet Fighters in it. I have no experience in modelling, and I'd like to focus more on learning and mastering the UDK editor before I get to Modelling. I am new to this, and I need an expert's advice and tips. I have a few questions:

1. What are the best the best tools in UDK which I can use to make machinimas?

2. How can I add realistic white trails (or contrails) that a jet leaves behind as they fly?

3. For the Desert terrain, should I use the landscape editor or the terrain editor?

I am not a native English speaker. Apologies for bad English

Thank you

1. matinee -> recording, camera movement
    3. landscape tool -> it's the newer version of the terrain editor

Comment

Originally posted by fighter5347 View Post
      1. matinee -> recording, camera movement
      3. landscape tool -> it's the newer version of the terrain editor
      Thanks. And what about the aircraft trails?

Comment

2. Check the UTPawn skeletal mesh it has 2 sockets:
        Boots
        Code:
        b_LeftAnkle             L_JB
        b_RightAnkle            R_JB
        Trails (particle system/cascade) are added to these sockets when using the JumpBoots. You can use a similar solution.
        Without looking at the code i cannot remember where the Boot trail effects maybe the player controller or somewhere else, probably not in the jumpboot code or pawn though.
        ^^ this can also bne done in Kismet using "Attach to actor" and you can specify the Socket too

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
          2. Check the UTPawn skeletal mesh it has 2 sockets:
          Boots
          Code:
          b_LeftAnkle             L_JB
          b_RightAnkle            R_JB
          Trails (particle system/cascade) are added to these sockets when using the JumpBoots. You can use a similar solution.
          Without looking at the code i cannot remember where the Boot trail effects maybe the player controller or somewhere else, probably not in the jumpboot code or pawn though.
          ^^ this can also bne done in Kismet using "Attach to actor" and you can specify the Socket too
          Does this also work with SkeletalMeshes?

Comment

Working...
          X