X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK Improve Graphics

Can you improve the graphics of Udk?
    This is how my actual game looks like: http://postimg.org/image/4vt8ugvp7/
    How can I improve the graphics for my game to become like that: http://cdn.us.playstation.com/pscoma...lower-marq.jpg
    That game was made in the same engine soo...

And is there a way to change the contrast and
    add a noisy effect like on the picture even if I have a custom camera?

Thanks

1. Use brighter point lights and more of them from different angles for more contrast.
    2. Have a doorway or window to bring in more light from an adjacent room.
    3. Use higher ceiling height.
    4. Use more interesting detailed material on the walls, and make it different from the floors, overall your level is too samey.
    5. Also, look at how the walls on the 2nd image are broken into different sections.

Your map looks like a sewer catacomb whereas the other looks like a rundown house...Overall, the 2nd image has a much brighter point light, more material variation on the walls, higher ceiling, another room off to the side with more light... So the 2nd has more variation, making the scene more interesting...

I know its customary to make these zombie maps in tight dungeon spaces, but personally its becoming tired looking... Noisy light, pls explain??

Comment

'noisy light' looks like a film grain post process effect

Comment

Thank you, I will try

Comment

I think frankit said it alll here, try to build a place where we can feel someone actually lived there, but has been abandoned. Then exagerate some traits such as ceiling heights, light contrast and so on... Finally, the film-grain is a post-process that can be achieved within UDK, but as I did not worked with it for a while (actually building a game with unity 3D) , I am sorry to say that I do not remember exactly how to do it. If I can find back how, I'll make sure to post here.

Dave

Comment

Post Process volumes will provide noise / graining.. Play around with Scene Colors and Color Grading LUT. (Thanks to obihb for this tip)...

Comment

Working...
            X