Custom Terrain Colision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Terrain Colision

Hey guys ive been looking around for while for an answer for this but everyone keeps saying to use height maps for custom terrain... I just need to know how to do custom collision for terrain. I already have the terrain textured and built, i have no need for the in engine terrain editor. But i dont think the UCX would work for this. Is there any other way to get collision on this?

I NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE!!!

https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...-of-a-cylinder

Comment

That didnt help in the slightest bit

Comment

is your mesh not a static mesh?when you said you had no need for the in engine terrain editor I assumed it was.

Comment

yeah it is a static mesh but for something like this geometry i cannot use volumetric boxes, i need it so you will be able to walk up the mountain, and hills.

Comment

read the whole thread.i suggest per poly collision.

Comment

i did read the whole thing, is where you did the picture and circled it the "instructions" what your talking about on per poly collision?

EDIT: i did the per poly collision and now i can walk around on the terrain... but the only issue is not that when i walk around on it it acts like im jumping off of something every step i take.. is there a fix for that? And its really hard to walk up the mountain ( basically imposable) if you cant see the video here is another link https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...21080518007832

Comment

Can anyone see the video i posted? cause all that shows up for me is a blank slot, The link works fine but now the video box thing

Comment

find this mesh in the content browser and try the settings applied to it.

EditorMeshes.AnimTreeEd_PreviewFloor

ive tested it and it works fine.

as for walking up the mountain it may be you need to alter walkablefloorz in the pawn class to enable steeper hill climbing.

Comment

EDIT: tried it out has the same exact settings as EditorMeshes.AnimTreeEd_PreviewFloor and it still has that falling thing

Comment

are you using a custom pawn?maybe its a problem there.

Comment

by pawn do you mean the player? cause im using the ut games standard charecter

Comment

answer is in here:
                          https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...-Mesh-Tutorial

Comment

Thanks bro will look at it now

Comment

Working...
                            X