decal with transparency on transparent surface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

decal with transparency on transparent surface

is it somehow possible to put decal with alpha on a mesh with transparent material? mine goes always black. i have partially solved it with putting the decal to emissive instead diffuse, but that kind of decals dont accept lights changes, or?

Can you show us your material setup and a screenshot of the problem?

Comment

ok, hope this helps

decal material

mesh prop

this is how it looks

Comment

change renderSortPriority on Decal actor.

Comment

that does not help. still black decal

Comment

can you post here test scene with the door and decal?

Comment

I found out something. when I change pointlight to dominantpointlight, everything looks ok now.
              As you can see, decal on bsp mesh is OK in both cases. is this info helpful?

Comment

I'm guessing that the decal is not receiving any light, because the surface it has been applied to also does not receive light (an unlit surface would not have valid lightmaps)?

Comment

how to check if the lightmaps are valid? iwe made them via material editor > layout using 0 channel

Comment

The most obvious thing to do is to use the lighting only view mode.

I'm not sure using a decal is the best way of applying this anyway - why not use a plane mesh?

Comment

this is lighting only. i dont understand it quite good yet, but my noob guess is that the door accept light. or what should i look at?
                      i dont know anything about plane mesh yet also , but will it bend around rough or curved mesh like projection?

Comment

Working...
                      X