weird shadow glitch. Need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weird shadow glitch. Need help!

When i go near the corners of my landscape i get this weird shadow line that follows me, it kinda annoys me, any way to fix this problem. *sorry for no image, cant put my image in the forums* also note i set my lights to dynamic lighting. size of terrain is 4033*4033.

If its the lines i think you are mentioning, go set the dominate light set distance to 3 which will push those lines farther from you. it is 4 by default.

I might not even be thinking the same think you are asking. pics help

Comment

Its more of a ring surronding me then a line. It only occurs when i go near the corners or sides of the landscape, plus it appears only in-game only. yea i'm trying to add the pics to the forums, but i'm still figuring it out sorry.

Comment

Go to the properties of your dominate light. the 2nd section down is cascade shadow maps in that section adjust (whole scene dynamic shadow radius) set it to 5000 or 10000. Depends on how far out you want it. Farther out, harder performance hit you will get. Sounds like this part is what your talking about.

The next setting sharpens those shadows(num whole scene dynamic shadow cascade) like make the 1 a 2 but its a performance hit also, this will cause the stripped lines i'm talking about.

the 3rd setting(Cascade distribution component) is how far out before those lines start showing, lower the number farther the lines get from you. example make the 4 a 3.

I'm pretty sure this will solve what your after. hope this helps

Comment

sadly it didn't, but thanks anyways, i cant import my image at all, do you know how to? But what i found out that the problem i'm having is not the shadow but the landscape because as i changed to a different light type (domain directional light to a domain directional light movable) it still appeared, so i think its go to do with the landscape, but i don't know what it could be.

Comment

Working...
          X