Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to avoid apex full destroy with one shot ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to avoid apex full destroy with one shot ?

hi, i'm trying to add to my game level a destructible building, in the past i have used the fractured tool and when i shoot to the wall (for example) if i shoot on the corner, the corner piece drop and fall to the ground.

now i want to use the apex tool, because it is more accurate an is more realistic, i have imported the model to the content browser and put it into my level without any problem, the only issue that i have is that i don't want my wall to be destroyed apart with one shot, i checked the apex properties for the object but i didn't found any propertie (or i don't know what propertie i need to tweak) to let the wall be destroyed piece by piece.

can somebody point to me to the right direction to fix this problem ?

thanks in advance for all the help.

I had the same problem and it's still problematic. Sometimes the whole thing will break and sometimes it will gradually break, and that with the same settings.
    This page shows the Destrutible settings:
    http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/APEXDestruction.html

Flags: "ACCUMULATE DAMAGE" and "WORLD SUPPORT" may be useful to you.

World Support means like collision or blocking volume - if you have a window frame, or say support for a fence, sth like that. The supports seem to affect how quickly they break.
    (But, lol, in UDK the Apex don't always show up (13/7.. USA 7/13 UDK version). My fences/glass disappear - not even showing in 3d Windows but other times they show up XD. Also I had a problem, a few fences were stretched out of shape to the middle of the map. I delete those and replaced them.)

I hope you have more luck with precision of breaking your Apex. I'm not 100% happy with mine, but it kinda works.

Comment

thanks Snipe34, i will try those flags today.

Comment

you can try these vid's http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...YVLnQ5-WMxw2hE
        i did keep them at 1 point of damage but i believe it might be an idea to up that, also you could try in physx lab adding extra levels by first doing a fracture map then in the next level using the knife, sorry i forgot to record them

Comment

thanks geodav, i will try those videos too ...

Comment

If you get it working, please post how, because I too had big trouble with this. I thought about the idea, to fracture the mesh in a 3d modelling programm, and then fracture each part in apex. This way you get more parts, but this is less performant.

Comment

Originally posted by cube2222 View Post
              If you get it working, please post how, because I too had big trouble with this. I thought about the idea, to fracture the mesh in a 3d modelling programm, and then fracture each part in apex. This way you get more parts, but this is less performant.
              Hey man you mean like 2 or 3 fences in one, I never thought of that XD. Excellent idea!

I will look at some Geodav vids, thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X