Problem with Matinees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Matinees

Hi guys, is there any way I can play actor animation (matinee) while this actor is connected with other matinee and animation on second matinne has already started and was paused?

I don't think so. I think matinee will over ride animations between sequences.

Describe what you want to accomplish, would be easier to tell what may or may not work.

Comment

I have two triggers that player can use in order to play one of two matinee animations. Both animate the same object. [1] is rotating objects endlessly (which can be paused in any moment) and [2] moves object from point A to B. Now I can play both animations but it works inly if the [2] animation is first, then object can be roated by playing animation [1]. But when I first play animation [1], pause it and then try to play animation [2], the latter is not starting.

Comment

Ok, I did a test for myself to see what's going on and it seems like it is possible to do this. In stead of Pausing the animation, rather Stop it. I think by pausing it that matinee is still active and won't allow another to take control. So, you can't do both at the same time but you can do one after another, either way. Also make sure to check the box No Reset On Rewind so your matinee would keep going and not reset the position of the object when the matinee loops around. And of course check Looping on as well. Set both your matinee up the same, the one for rotation and the one for translation.

In my test it seems to work this way.

Comment

May be this help - "No Reset On Rewind - If checked, causes any actors who are affected by Movement tracks that are using RelativeToInitial interpolation to use the initial position set at the current location when the sequence is rewound. This means that an actor will begin the next loop of the animation from the same location as where the animation ended"

Comment

Working...
          X