converting obj to fbx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

converting obj to fbx

i need help with converting .obj to .fbx.i tried autodesk fbx converter but it gives me some s**t.

-download blender
    -open the obj file in blender
    -export it as a .fbx

Comment

why autodesk fbx converter exports ugly 3d models?

Comment

I dont know, probably something is wrong with the model -> check it in blender

Comment

those models look perfect in any other program.they have missing parts after converting with autodesk fbx conveter

Comment

Originally posted by NewEarth View Post
            those models look perfect in any other program.they have missing parts after converting with autodesk fbx conveter
            Do you mean they have transparent faces on the mesh, or do you mean that whole parts are missing?

Comment

they have missing parts.

Comment

Well, can't you just import them into a modelling programm and export them as obj? You can also first convert with autodesk converter, and then load the obj in a 3d modelling software and recalculate the normals.

Comment

i used zbrush to model those.
                  i imported .obj to blender and exported as .fbx but no difference.
                  they look like this after importing to udk.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f3zqtlvqmclqfyi/cliff1.OBJ

Comment

Are the meshes that you are creating hollow, or are they solid?

Also are all of the parts of the mesh linked, or are they all seperate?

Comment

Originally posted by Fi5h1fishy View Post
                      Are the meshes that you are creating hollow, or are they solid?

Also are all of the parts of the mesh linked, or are they all seperate?
                      it should be hollow and its 1 big mesh.other models made with zbrush are perfect.i have 4 more models that look like this after importing to udk.

Comment

Originally posted by NewEarth View Post
                        it should be hollow and its 1 big mesh.other models made with zbrush are perfect.i have 4 more models that look like this after importing to udk.
                        I had a similar problem when importing from blender into UDK.

I am unaware of how to use Zbrush, but the method in which i fixed my models from doing the same from blender to UDK, was by simply applying rotation and scale to the mesh, which seemed to have fixed it. Is there a method within Zbrush which allows you to do a similar procedure?

Comment

scale the mesh up and then reset the scale before you export it, in the pics its showing the approx size of 85x34x52 which is really small for a 40k+ mesh, it's mesh likely that due to the actual size of the triangles they are not being imported or rendered, check my blender playlist for more info

Comment

just post your mesh here - and we will find the problem...

Comment

Originally posted by 3DAlex View Post
                              just post your mesh here - and we will find the problem...
                              download link to mesh is under those pictures

Comment

Working...
                              X