black skybox clouds issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

black skybox clouds issue

I need to be able to move the midday skybox down a bit, but when I do the clouds turn black. I tried moving the exponential fog around with it but no help.

What exactly make itgo black? I havent been able to pin it down.

Thanks!!

-Do you still have a dominant directional light in your level?
    -copy the heightfog from a new template map into your own map

Comment

It's unlit. I'm expecting it's either because there's no light or he's in unlit mode.

Comment

I am for sure in lit mode, the issue is for sure with the dominant light. The problem is I need to move the skybox vertically down. After a certain point the spot that the directional light makes in the sky goes away as if the sky sinks past it and the sky turns black. Grabbing the light the fog and the skybox and moving them together seems to have no effect on the problem.

As the skybox is now I can see the middle crossover I need to move it down past that.

Changing range of the directional light also does not help.

Comment

Yeah... I have this strange bug too... Look on light vector visualization

(its a gif animation - click on it)

Comment

Just FYI for me this was TWO dominant lights causing the issue which is why I supposed mucking about with the first one made no difference. After I converted my dominant spot to a point light the black sky turned to blue and all was right with the world.

Comment

Working...
            X