Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I make my rain particle system interact with my flashlight, or any other kind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I make my rain particle system interact with my flashlight, or any other kind

I have a material applied to particles in a particle system to make rain. Currently it's only emissive as diffuse doesn't seem to work. So right now all my rain particles are full-bright, even in shadows. I'm trying to figure out how to get my rain particles lit by my flashlight. Any ideas?

but it in specular and diffuse.

Comment

You can't light particles the way you're trying to, the engine does not support it.

Comment

You are wrong - engine support particles lit... http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Parti...rence.html#Lit Particles

Comment

I'm not wrong. Read your own link:
          Following those steps should allow your particles to show up in game as lit. They are lit from the emitter origin so be sure to move the origin around in the world to see the lighting update; or spawn dynamic lights nearby.
          They only pick up the light value where the emitter has been placed, ergo, they do not do what the OP wants them to do.

Comment

I think here can be 2 ways:
            1. attach some emitter with "lit" (fake lit) particles to flashlight.
            it can be some cylindrical emitter

2. adjust particle's material to use some "volume" which will simulates lightning. volume can be specified with world position node, emitter position and spherical mask, or in similar way.
            here your "emitter position" can be specified with flashlight position in world or something.

Comment

You can do like this :

You can add so many branches for calculating lights in shader as you need.

Comment

You don't need to use a particle system. You could create a staticmesh grid and apply a panning rain texture to it, if you so desired

Comment

Working...
                X