Fade In Before the Loading Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    If it's a new level entirely that loads, your best bet is to use two fades. The first set to .001 for the fade in right after the level is loaded, then the finished output of that fade goes into another fade with the opacity set to 0 and the fade time a little longer. It should go backwards after that. Experiment with the values if it doesn't work right away. Fade nodes can be a little tricky

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you for the reply!
    I have managed to get the fade in effect! Works just like I wanted, but I struggle with reversing the effect.
    I can't find a way to fade out- it either fades in again, fades in and then disappears (un-ticketed 'persist fade') or it doesn't appear at all (when I set time to .001, like you mentioned).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You should be able to do this fairly well with the fade nodes in kismet. Right click in kismet and choose "New Action -> Camera -> Fade". In the properties for the fade node, change the Fade color to white and leave the fade opacity at 1 to fade OUT then set your fade time (the time it takes to fade out completely). Then just trigger this at the point that you want to change levels and plug the finished output up to the stream level node or map change node, depending on how you're changing maps. To fade back in, just plug the finished output of the newly loaded level into another fade node, this time with its properties set to 0 for the fade opacity, which will fade everything back in.

The above method seems to work with just streaming levels. If you are doing full map changes, Then a level loaded event into the fade in with a time value of .001 directly into the fade node that fades everything back in should work. If not, you can at least experiment with these nodes to find out what works best.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Fade In Before the Loading Level

Fade In Before the Loading Level

Hey there.
    So I want to have a smooth transition between two different maps. What I plan on doing is to have a hard level load and before that I want the view to fade in with white color, then there would the loading screen (also white) and fade out with white again. This would load new level in a nice manner, fitting in with the feel of my maps.

Everything is set, and I just don't know how to go about the fade in/ out effect without changing the camera. I know I can do it with Matinee and setting up in game cut-scene, but I want the effect to take place from the players point of view.

I would appreciate any feedback
Working...
X