max load distance of speedtrees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

max load distance of speedtrees

How can i set up max load distance for my speedtrees,so it "unloads" speedtree at some distance like 200m and it will show ONLY billboard.i need it because my speedtrees have 8000-11000 POLYGONS AND I CANT LOWER IT ANYMORE.

Depending on your distance you could do it with cull if you wish to have it dropped out fully....

What I did was make a large curved static plane with a load of tree texture on it so that speed trees culled out at 900m and the static plane culled in at 890m that would really save on polygon count!

Comment

but how do i cull them?do i have to do it in speedtree or in udk and how?

Comment

You can "hide" them at some distance, as any other object, go to properties of your speed tree actor(actors), and search for "max draw distance", it's in Rendering menu, and change it to number you want, and when distance of "max draw distance" is reached, your mesh will completely disappear.

But if you want to control speedtree LOD, it's on SpeedTree Menu, it calls Lod Billboard Start, and Lod Billboard End for billboard, and other one for standart LOD. And don't forget to set "Lod Level Override" to -1, or it wont work.

Comment

Working...
        X