Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to end game

Hey everybody,
    I'm pretty new to the UDK engine and the whole Game Development thing.
    I checked out both, UDK and Unity, and at the moment, I'll use the UDK engine.

anyway, for now I got one thing I really need to know:
    how do I make a level to end when the player reach a certain point in the map, dies too much times or anything like that?

I used a video guide on YouTube and I got to a point that the guide tells you to use a function in Kismet that it's no longer available (I think it's the UI Scene).

Please, answer if you have the question.
    Also, I hope it's the right place to ask it...

Yea, it is. Propably there is some kismet node like "end level" or something like that. But actually, after finishing a level, you usually change the level, to something like the game menu.

Comment

Originally posted by cube2222 View Post
      Yea, it is. Propably there is some kismet node like "end level" or something like that. But actually, after finishing a level, you usually change the level, to something like the game menu.
      Let say I want to change level, when the player reached a certain point, how do I do that?

Comment

Well, there should be a kismet node made for that, but if not, use the console command kismet node. I think the command was:
        open mapname

Comment

Originally posted by cube2222 View Post
          Well, there should be a kismet node made for that, but if not, use the console command kismet node. I think the command was:
          open mapname
          I noticed the Kismet node for that now, I have there a few options, tell me if I got it right, please:
          Level Streaming is when I want the map to be not fully loaded in order to make the requirements fewer, so when the player reach a point that I determined, the rest of the level will just show up, right?

Comment

Yes, that's what it does, and you can unload nonused levels.

Comment

Working...
            X