Sky box help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky box help

Hi, when I use a sky box it encompases all the sky(including below Z-0). How do I fix this?

Here is a screenshot: http://imgur.com/xFfLsam

Create an own skybox mesh that is a sphere cut through in the middle, instead of being a full sphere.

Comment

I do but it automatically goes to a sphere. Even with the default sky box(new level->anything except blank map) it loads as a sphere. How do I fix this?

Comment

A skybox is a static mesh. You have to create your own in a 3d modelling programm...

Comment

I realize that. When I use the default sky box it spawns in as a sphere. How do I fix this?

Comment

As I said. You can't, you have to create your own skybox in a 3d modelling programm.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but the UDK EULA states static meshes provided with UDK,unlike skeletal meshes, CAN be used for commercial games.

Comment

Yes, but as you say, this mesh doesn't suit your needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackb4873 View Post
                  Correct me if I'm wrong but the UDK EULA states static meshes provided with UDK,unlike skeletal meshes, CAN be used for commercial games.
                  Yep you can use all static meshes, but a sky dom is not a sky box -> so it depends on what you exactly want - when you would like a sky box (so a cube) then you have to create it by our own in a 3d program

Comment

Working...
                  X