Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slipping and sliding - ice at its best! But it's not working....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slipping and sliding - ice at its best! But it's not working....

Okay, so, I've scoured the internet for information on this, and I really haven't found anything too helpful on Physical Materials. Basically, I'm trying to do one of two types of sliding games for school, which is either you slide down and avoid objects, or, you slide across from static mesh to static mesh and bump into things to get out.

Now, I made physical materials and physics volumes.... and I even used the ones built in,but...nothing happens, not to a static mesh, not to a bsp; nada! Zip, zadda. I've made inclines, I don't have any errors.......so, obviously, I'm screwing something up.

I did try running the Adventure Kit, BUT, IT JUST DIDN'T WORK. I DON'T KNOW. Anyhoo, does anyone know where I can find some information so that I can do this? I'd really appreciate it!

Adventure kit doesn't care about if your machine is 64 or 32 bit. Also, there is a variable called friction in the movement code in soem of the base classes.

Comment

Well, I don't know why it was doing what it was doing, but, two things: 1) the files downloaded are different from the video but 2) I followed the instructions anyway, step by step, and it went to run/check the scripts, and it was nothing but error after error "could not delete 64 this/save/etc." It was pretty much nothing but red and yellow. Which, I haven't a clue what that means, but, hey, I gave it a go.

I had heard about the friction volume, but, I will look again for the variables.

Comment

Working...
      X