I wanna make an endless mirror...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Actually, the camera actor, captures it so it get's rendered one image after another. But the scene capture actor which is a plane doesn't work at all... Which doesn't make good changing point of view possible. Or... I could jsut attach the camera capture actor to the player, so it always is on the line between the player and the vista, and then the image get's copied well,

Leave a comment:

• replied
    'MVP' means 'Most Valued Person' - it's a status symbol for the more veteran members of the forum.

Anyway, I would consider trying to write a shader that does the effect for you with a single render target and layering the images - though it's possible that what you have already may not be too expensive, as it may actually only be rendering once - but across multiple frames the layering effect stacks. I don't know the renderer well enough to know if this is the case!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I was thinking of them when doing this... Also, if you use the camera scene capture actor it works, and jsut renders the images one after one really fast. The capture actor which is a plane desnt work and this sadly doesn't allow good perspective...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    MVP isn't for getting a license, but don't think that everything I say is correct just because of that--when I don't know for sure, I try to give good advice based off what I do know.

As for the endless mirror, if you can limit the number of reflections I would do that to help with performance. In an ideal situation you would setup something specifically for that, like what Valve probably did for the Portal infinite reflections.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It works, jsut had to rotate the material on the wall :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You know mvp means he got the 99$ license (does it?)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    He is Unreal MVP I dont know much about this but I wouldnt even try it if I were you but you can if you want.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, as we can see on this image, there actually is an endless repetition, only this rotation thing happens, but I think... I see my fault, and it's a little bit stupid. Thef irst iamge is already flipped, so the next ones have to be flipped too, propably the material is jsut wrong rotated... Gonna check that out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's probably not something that should work--it would probably have trouble rendering something like that.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic I wanna make an endless mirror...

I wanna make an endless mirror...

Basicly, i created a scene capture camera, a material which displays what the camera sees, and tried to make an endless repeating you see when you look into a mirror when another one is behind you. Would be very helpful when creating those "endless rainforest" vistas. I thought it might not work, but I would never expect the image to rotate with each repetition:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Endless Tree.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	3253669

Any ideas on how to fix it?
Working...
X