Voxel Game Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voxel Game Help

Hello i would like to make a voxel type game but im stuck at a point where im not sure how to go about doing this and this is editing the terrain ingame is there a way to script or something the use of terrain edit tools to be used ingame or is there another way i can dig around and stuff you would be able to do in voxel based games. (like Minecraft)

Block games with random generation use engines built from the ground up to support that type of rendering.
    (I say block, not voxel as Minecraft doesn't actually use voxels)

You wouldn't use an engine like udk for something like this.

Comment

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...necraft-in-UDK

Comment

Originally posted by Graylord View Post
        Block games with random generation use engines built from the ground up to support that type of rendering.
        (I say block, not voxel as Minecraft doesn't actually use voxels)

You wouldn't use an engine like udk for something like this.
        Well not really minecraft i don't want randomly generated worlds and such i want to make a set world like a continet but have it so everything there could be terraformed by the player if they choose to like minecraft in the way where you can build anywhere and do anything without alot of restrictions.Not blocky just a environment that can be altered by the player.

Comment

There is no realistic way to do that in UDK. You'd need a game engine built from the ground up with those kinds of features in mind.

Comment

Working...
          X