Kactor performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Static meshes don't have bones or joints. The joint in question here is a physics constraint, which would support or restrain the actor, preventing it from falling - with BlockRigidBody set to false the KActor won't respond to collision, and will just fall through the floor. The error is mis-categorised as performance.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think I have a solution to my problem. I removed all of the affected KActors (160+) manually from the map error list and replased the meshes and converted them individually back to kactors. not sure if this is advisable fix but it solved my problem for the moment. hope this helps someone with a similar issue.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Kactor performance

Kactor performance

so recently I have come up on this error that I'm getting building my map My actors have a performance error that I read on UDN that states I need to have a bone or joint inside my staticmesh before I converted into a KActor. Is this really even necessary? Also those staticmeshs do have all the settings checked for rigid body collision set to true. I keep getting the same error with the same K actors ...Even though all of my settings are absolutely correct.
    The error is Performance error: kactor Has block rigid-body set to false And no joints?
    I have done everything except for add joints to my static meshes before changing them to K actors.
    is there any other solution?
Working...
X