Bug in Lighting (Shadows)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug in Lighting (Shadows)

Hello, I have huge problem with a shadow caster, a shadows are a very ugly.
    Why does this happen?

Look at the screen

The resolution is too low, by default it's 32, so if you haven't adjusted that value then it would be very poor quality.

Comment

I set resolution to 512, but nothing has changed :/

Comment

Wrong object, set the shadow resolution on the object receiving the shadow, not the object casting it.

Comment

Object which a receiving the shadows too have a 512 value.

Comment

Then that's probably not enough, or your lightmap UV's are bent out of shape.

Comment

I have two channels of UV

Channel 0

Channel 1

Channel 1 is correct for LightMap ?

Comment

It is correct but 512 definitely isn't enough for a mesh that big. You should split it into smaller parts and unwrap the UV's again. Currently the UV islands are way too small so you'll need very high res lightmap to get decent shadows.

Comment

Yep, that object is way way too big.

Comment

This object is too big in terms of scale or have too many elements (polygon)?

Comment

It's a single object with so many large surfaces, you have one lightmap to cover everything which means that even if you set the lightmap at the highest resolution supported it would not be good enough resolution for that. You need to split it up into pieces so that it will be able to use multiple lightmaps, since each static mesh in UDK uses a single lightmap.

Comment

I splitting my object in parts and shadows are better, but if i set resolution in 1000~ the game can be a lags in a weak pc ?
                        btw Thanks for help.

Comment

Working...
                        X