• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    No worries good luck with it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks man .. well its not all BSP brush i convert the main walls and stairs to staticmesh where i can add more detail after just making the rough layouts of the building before i start adding detail i already started on buildings with balconies too Thanks again for your comment

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Murphyirish View Post
    ] i will be making a city with all buildings enterable
    Cool! I Like your ambition and sense of freedom. Looks like you're using BSP to do all the buildings? Not a huge fan of that approach as buildings need variation, and I find its harder to change or move things around later on to get nice placement and natural look. Even at this early stage, I'd like to see balconies and jutting structures to distinguish the columns of windows and avoid the buildings looking bland. Just a thought...

There's not too many UDK demos to draw from. But Necropolis is one obviously, and it almost exclusively uses static meshes instead of BSP, which is great for natural variation. The two demo castle maps are mostly static meshes and maybe worth a look too. Regarding final look and style, you could take ideas from images of Call of Duty maps i.e. COD4 cities and if you like them rob their ideas blind!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Gaz661 the only adverts i say on his video were from youtube. or maybe i messed somthing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the adverts on your video suggest some kind of monetary transaction and I believe that would require you to buy the standard udk licence.im not 100 % on that so you may want to check it out.
    http://www.unrealengine.com/en/udk/licensing/

sorry if you already have one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice, but please post this on Works In Progress section.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Just thought i would post this up :)

Just thought i would post this up :)

so i am working on a project by myself and just thought id post up this of a building i am putting together http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEpajwDbq6g i will be making a city with all buildings enterable
Working...
X