Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making best use of available resources. (Material Instance and Static Mesh Instance)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making best use of available resources. (Material Instance and Static Mesh Instance)

Hey there. In my current project I am using a single speedtree actor quite frequently. In order to create some variety, I created a material instance which changes up the color. However, in order to apply the new material instance I need to duplicate the speed tree actor inside of the content browser. Basically, this is redundant information. Does anyone know of a way that I can instance the speedtree actor much like I instanced the material? The end result being that I have one instance of the actor rather than two, which as it is re-used in the environment, can swap between material instances.

Thanks.

Ok, so I figured it out. For anyone with the same issue, simply go into the properties of the speedtree actor (not the properties in the generic browser, but the properties of the actor placed in the environment). From there look under Speed Tree Actor --> Speed Tree --> And the bottom 6 properties are material overrides. The same thing can be done for static meshes. This effectively allows me to have the same static mesh or speedtree actor, when instanced, to use individual materials instances.

Comment

Working...
    X