Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about touching BSP brushes wireframe mode

Hi!

So, I'm new to UDK and I recently started out getting used to BSP brushes and I have a question or rather a couple of related questions. I've tried to search the web and this forum for answers but since english isn't my native language I'm not sure what to search for. Also, in the video tutorials I've watched, this problem isn't addressed.

Anyway, here's my problem! When for example a cube sits right on top of a plane, both made from BSP brushes the plane is divided into smaller parts when I view it in wireframe mode. There are a lots of lines all over the brush. You can see what I mean in the top picture below. The adjacent smaller plane also has the same effect on the larger plane.

If I move the cube just one unit over the plane, and the adjacent smaller plane one unit away, this problem disappears. This is shown in the bottom of the picture. But since you can actually see the gap in between the brushes if you look carefully I don't believe this is the right way to do it.

Am I doing something wrong?

No, you are not. The bsp's are "merged" and create one "Graphic Object" .

Comment

Thank you for the quick answer cube2222! I was a bit worried that I would have to redo the whole map I'm working on... Phew!

So, if it's supposed to look like the top picture, then what are the diagonal lines representing and what's the wireframe mode for?

Comment

Originally posted by Kirlz View Post
        So, if it's supposed to look like the top picture, then what are the diagonal lines representing
        the diagonal lines are the edges of the faces, when two brushes are merged the parts of the faces you cant see (bits that are inside/touching others) are removed witch would leave a whole so udk basically fills the gap with new faces and then triangulates them.

Comment

Originally posted by smokey13 View Post
          the diagonal lines are the edges of the faces, when two brushes are merged the parts of the faces you cant see (bits that are inside/touching others) are removed witch would leave a whole so udk basically fills the gap with new faces and then triangulates them.
          Great answer! Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
          X