Landscape vs Terrain on Shadow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I'm using cascade shadows on my landscape. Static shadows are horrible, but cascade replaces them in a radius around the player and the result is good. 20% performance less, but it's acceptable for me. And you have dynamics shadows with this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The shadow on the right is simply a lower resolution.
    You can increase the resolution of the shadows in the actor properties.
    Be careful with this however, as the amount of memory required for baked shadows can increase dramatically when the resolution is set higher, especially for large landscapes.
    For most purposes it is not necessary to set the shadows to be ultra fine detail, look at shadows in real life, in most cases you cannot discern individual leaves in a tree shadow on the ground.
    Once you texture the terrain/landscape, it will make a significant difference in how much better the shadowing looks even at lower shadow resolutions.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Please check out on this :

On the right side it's landscape and very bad , what did i do wrong ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Landscape is the New version of terrain, terrain is there mainly to open old maps. Play around and the shadows will be good, never had problems with shadowing over landscape.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Landscape vs Terrain on Shadow

Landscape vs Terrain on Shadow

Hi guys ,

I have a lot of troubles with Landscape system , my shadow are very bads on landscape and they look very nice on terrain ,

Everyone is saying landscape is better than terrain but i don't feel like it , can someone light me why landscape is better if the shadows are bad ?

Thank you !
Working...
X