overlapping uvs with placed udk content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

overlapping uvs with placed udk content

i ve placed some static meshes from udk environment packages like StaticMesh'HU_Mech.SM.S_HU_Mech_SM_Light' and get overlapping uv error.
    perhaps scaling them causes the problem. is there a soluvtion?

This also happens when you dont scale it. Here you can find out why and how to solve it: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...Stock-UDK-Mesh

Comment

so i can ignore it... how can i avoid showing errors for those staticmeshes again?

Comment

is it possible to cook a map with those errors?

Comment

Yes, you can cook the map at any time, even when you havent rebuild the light

Comment

when i import a static mesh, i generally have to doubleClik the static mesh, and under 'light map resolution' change the default "1" to "0"... which is where my UV maps are... IF, i still have that problem, i simply 'Mesh>generate unique UV's' to lightmap "1"...

Comment

Originally posted by northstar View Post
              when i import a static mesh, i generally have to doubleClik the static mesh, and under 'light map resolution' change the default "1" to "0"... which is where my UV maps are... IF, i still have that problem, i simply 'Mesh>generate unique UV's' to lightmap "1"...
              generating unique UV's wont work on the stock UDK assets because they have had the source data stripped out.

Comment

ahh..... ok

i guess i'll just crawl back into my dark little corner and zip it... can't seem to do anything right today (sigh)...

Comment

Originally posted by northstar View Post
                  ahh..... ok

i guess i'll just crawl back into my dark little corner and zip it... can't seem to do anything right today (sigh)...
                  no problem

Comment

Working...
                  X