X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrain texture (and wireframe) flicker

Hello friends,

I am very new to UDK.
    Seeking for help! My problem is - terrain flickering texture and flickering geometry in wireframe mode.
    I created the terrain using the basic tools to paint, smooth etc. After that I applied
    self-made material (defuse, normal, spec). The wireframe flicker I noticed even before, but I didn't pay much
    attention to it. Since I applied the material it became super-annoying.
    Can someone suggest something for my case?
    Screenshot url: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...35/problem.jpg

Thanks!

Probably you have dublicated the landscape? Because when you have 2 landscapes at the exact same place, it will flicker. Also make sure that you have rebuild everything

Comment

Can you please be more specific? What do you mean by built? The things like lights? Only objects I have is terrain and directional light. And all this stuff is flickering in the viewport.
      Can you think of hardware problem? I have geForce gtx 650m 512mb.

Comment

Just klick onto Build- Build All.

There should be no problems with the graphic card.

Do you use terrain or landscape? (as I can see on the picture you use landscape, but I want to go sure)

Are there really not 2 landscapes in your level? To check that click onto the landscape and delete it

Comment

Also move the landscape a little bit around, this has helped me to get rid of this flickering XD

Comment

You know... its gone..
            At the first time I was super much annoyed by this flicker so I just closed the program. After that I registered here and posted the question.
            Whether it was double geometry or something else - anyway it is gone now. And I didn't take in account the "build" thingy. It removes the flicker from shadows. I didn't know that it kinda bakes the light into the texture..
            As I said I am super new!
            And no, it was just a terrain, not a landscape There I haven't gone yet!
            Ok, with your help I am one step further in my learning!
            I subscribed to your channel in youtube, im gonna watch your tutorials, I looked through and noticed many interesting things.
            Btw, can you please give me an advice, I want to understand how the texture-node-shading thingy works in the UDK. I mean where to plug the little cables and which nodes to add in certain moment. How to get some knowledge about it? For example, I would like to set up some displacement material for my wall or whatever.. That sort of things. Maybe some internet theory sources..?
            Thank you!

Comment

This helped me a lot to understand how material stuff is working: http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Mater...l#Transparency

Comment

Thanks for help! I appreciate!!!

Kind regards,
                George V.

Comment

Working...
                X