Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to create moving clouds (tutorial instructions hit a dead-end)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to create moving clouds (tutorial instructions hit a dead-end)

Hi guys,

I'm following this tutorial:

http://cg.tutsplus.com/tutorials/udk...hadows-in-udk/

to try and create moving clouds in my scene. Now, I've created the material and hooked everything up, the point I am stuck at is going into my Dominant Directional Light properties and trying to create a light function. I click the blue arrow and only LightFunction comes up as an option. I click this and nothing happens and there is no way to expand the menu to select my cloud material as the source material.

Looking for others who have had similar problems I see a suggestion that nowadays you can only use light functions on dynamic lights, but surely a dominant directional light is dynamic?

Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

Try it with a dynamic light. Probably with them you can choose a light function

Comment

I've tried it in a blank map with dominant directional, toggle and moveable varieties and it works with no issues for each of them. But when trying it the same way on my WIP map it refuses to allow me to add a light function for anything. I tried converting the light type and even removed and re-inserted a brand new light into map and still nothing. So I can only surmise that the reason is down to something I have tweaked within the settings for this particular map, but being a UDK noob I haven't done much tweaking, aside from changing the colour of the ambient light for lightmass in the 'World Properties' settings.

Comment

Working...
      X