Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic Objects - Need Some Help

Hey guys,

Will, I created this simple mesh and I made it Dynamic, I guess that's what it's called, but anyways, it's whenever you shoot it or touchit/pu**** it will move, you know...
    Anyways, whenever this happens the collision is lost, I know this is obvious but isn't there a way to always have the collision in there? I mean, after shooting that thing, my player can move threw the object which is silly and I want this to be prevented.

Any help would be appreciated.

Guys, any help please?

Comment

Well what did you do to make it "Dynamic" did you convert a static mesh into a KActor or did you create a physics asset from a skeletal mesh?
      That's a funny thing to have happen loose collision after.
      also did you import it into udk as an .ase or .fbx ?
      I only ask because I have had trouble with .fbx and custom collision.

Comment

no no, i just turned the static mesh to become dynamic by opening it in the static mesh editor in UDK and checking "Can be Dynamic", nothing else.
        The mesh has 100 % full working collision but when I check that box, I lose the collision (but the mesh always blocks everything, bullets etc, but my character can go threw it so...)

Comment

This video will help you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCdp39ipmtY

Comment

No it doesn't help at all, and, with all my respect to the Author; he never jumped or walked into the static mesh, he just hit it and backed away because he knew that if he does he will actually be standing in it because it has no collision...
            Thanks fighter but this tutorial doesn't help at all.

Any extra help will be really appreciated.

Comment

Have you added the mesh like it is said in the description? Now it should work

Code:
              Add the rigid body not with drag and drop. Add it like that: select it in the content browser - right klick into the level - add rigid body.....

Comment

Originally posted by fighter5347 View Post
                Have you added the mesh like it is said in the description? Now it should work

Code:
                Add the rigid body not with drag and drop. Add it like that: select it in the content browser - right klick into the level - add rigid body.....
                No, I didn't read the description of that video, but I will try to do so once I come back home.
                Thanks for the heads up fighter, your help is really appreciated, also, a special thanks for the author.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioAda View Post
                  No, I didn't read the description of that video, but I will try to do so once I come back home.
                  You can see it in the comments. There I have added it

Comment

You can see it in the comments. There I have added it
                    Nice, thanks a lot.
                    One more thing: I converted the static mesh into a mover but it's always dynamic(in the editor) but it's not in game, does making it a mover ruins all this or there's a way to make it work normally?

Comment

When you convert it to a move, then it wont work. Maybe I ask why you want to convert it to a mover?

Comment

When you convert it to a move, then it wont work. Maybe I ask why you want to convert it to a mover?
                        Because I want to move the static mesh around in game so I think I have to make that mesh a mover.
                        One more thing, I will try to do my stuff using the dynamic mesh(since I think it's also considered as a mover?)

Comment

Didn't work... Any solution for this problem?

Comment

Working...
                          X