Reflections in UDK....a little help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reflections in UDK....a little help please

I've been learning a lot with UDK recently and I've been trying to figure out reflections and refractions on glass. I like the cube map's panoramic style image but don't need the top and bottom pieces. Can the SceneCapture2DActor do a widescreen image like the cube map or would I have to try something else? The reflections don't look natural when I use the 2d actor. Reflections are new to me in UDK, so if I'm confusing anyone, my apologies. If that is the case, my question is, what would be the best way for a reflection of a room to be displayed on a wide pane sheet of glass? Which actor would be best to use in this situation?

For a single flat surface, you'd use a 2D capture actor, that'd be for things like a floor or a reflective wall. You just put the actor in the same location as your reflective surface.

Comment

You can use a scene capture reflect actor for flat surfaces if you want realistic looking reflections(it costs performance though so you need to keep the resolution as low as you can). Create one, set it's position and scale to the size of the thing you want to use it on. And then create a texture render target 2d in the content browser, apply it to the reflect actor, and use it as a texture in the material of your glass.

Comment

Haven't tried that one yet but will definitely give it a try. Good chance that's the answer I'm looking for too.

Comment

Working...
        X