Freeze object and Freeze layers...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freeze object and Freeze layers...?

I'm fairly new to UDK and still learning a lot of foundation work but one thing that has annoyed me since I started using it (although its a fantastic tool set) is that I can't freeze selected objects or simply freeze a layer. This allows the user to continue to work without accidentally clicking half your scene. I did some searching and came up short and after a few days I have resided to the fact it simply might not exist.

It feels like something like this would be incredibly simple to implement, alas I have only just started to learn UnrealScript so wouldn't have a clue where to start. Does anyone know if there has been anyone else in the community that feels the same way? Possibly some technical artist who magically put together this add-on for download :P

Thanks.

You can't make extensions for the editor without full ue3 license. You can freeze objects in game. I think just hiding certain objects would do what you want.

Comment

You could work using multiple levels that are streamed together and lock those levels in the level tab. You would just have to make multiple blank levels and in the levels tab of the content browser, add them to one single base level (the one you would open to work on) and choose "always loaded" so they all show when you play test. You can then right click on any level and choose "make current" to put meshes or whatever in them. There's lock icons next to every level that you can turn on and disable any editing of those levels. Once finished, if you want everything in one single level, you can right click the main persistent level and move everything to it and delete the rest.

Comment

Thanks Jessie, that's a pretty creative solution :P I think its just a creature comfort I have become accustomed to in other applications. I have a twitchy mouse and a habit of moving stuff randomly so often freeze most of my levels apart from what I'm working on. As long as I know it doesn't actually exist and that its impossible to make myself than I its fine, thanks for all your help guys.

Comment

Working...
        X