Lighting Issues with Modular Walls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Do you use "hard edges" on the corners of the meshes?
    Or - would it be possible that you reduce your mesh to be only the front plane?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mAlkAv!An View Post
    Try to use a a small UV texture (like 32x32px) in Blender and check 'Snap to Pixels' in the properties. If you then move UV islands around, their vertices will snap to texel increments like shown in the tutorial.
    Thanks for the advice. I made a small 32x32 checkerboard image to use as my lightmap image in blender. I also used the 'Snap to Pixels' and I loved that function. It looks better than before but sadly there is a light nasty seam along the edges [image].

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you really create UVs in the exact same way it doens't matter which 3D app they're coming from.
    Try to use a a small UV texture (like 32x32px) in Blender and check 'Snap to Pixels' in the properties. If you then move UV islands around, their vertices will snap to texel increments like shown in the tutorial.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I used the tutorial here to try to solve my problem but none of these worked. I feel like it might just be the way Blender has handles the UV lightmapping? Anyone else who has used Blender figured out a solution for this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have 2 UV channels and blender put like 2 px width of spacing between each shape but i didn't know about alignment. I think I'll have to look that up. Thanks for the help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I had the same problems today. Check out lightmap issues on World Of level design, it shows all the errors and how to fix them. I think you either don't have 2 UV channels, or your lightmaps don't have good spacing between them, or they are not alligned properly i would suggest you check out World of level design as it explains on how to fix it.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Lighting Issues with Modular Walls

Lighting Issues with Modular Walls

I have a problem with lighting and my modular walls. When I place my wall static meshes into the environment and put them together, the lighting creates awkward shades and defined lines that makes them stand out separately instead of making them look like one wall. Here are some pictures to show what I'm talking about. [link]

I've tried rebuilding the lighting multiple times. I'm pretty sure I have my lightmaps configured correctly because I followed a lightmap guideline tutorial that was very helpful. I'm just clueless now as to what is causing this weird lighting issue.
Working...
X