Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    just a few thoughts about.
    for example you have 2 rooms. in 1st you have your translucent character and player. in 2nd you have camera, which repeats player's camera moves, and the same character which is opaque.
    2nd camera captures opaque character into some render target, which use screen coordinates in translucent character material.
    so, captured 2nd character projected by screen coordinates on 1st character.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well we did something totally different which wont be of any use if you try to make the effect on Yoda.
    Because we couldn't get it done either and just made another material that we think is even cooler. But doesn't do anything of what we had planned before, or what is described in my question

Leave a comment:

• replied
    any screens?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Would you kindly share that way ?
    In case i was doing star wars game in the future ;D

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yea, thats what I thought to do too, but meanwhile our artist came up with another material that looks even more awesome and doesnt need this effect. But thanks for the help anyway!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you might be able to use a camera to capture your asset and then render that on a transparent material assigned to a flat plane.
    this render with Yoda created in the same way.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I couldn't come up with a 'real' way to do this. But depending on the situation you might be able to use a camera to capture your asset and then render that on a transparent material assigned to a flat plane.

Hopefully someone else will know a solution, i'm quite interested.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Opacity material

Opacity material

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible in UDK to make a material that has opacity, but you only see the polygons that you would see if there was no opacity?

Because with normal opacity you do not only see the front polygons but also the mesh behind it as shown in the example below.

Now we want to have something more like this:

I thought it maybe there is some way you can first render the material without opacity, and then give it opacity afterwards. Like the yoda is also an image of the actual yoda, and then afterwards it is given transparency. Some sort off postprocessing but then in the material editor (But that's just an idea I came up with)

Thanks in advance!!
Working...
X