Help me with Level designing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me with Level designing

Hey i need some nice pdf ebooks which are avaliable on free for unreal script

Which is it? Level design or unreal script? Two completely different portions of game development.

Comment

Perhaps they are a Level Designer looking to enhance there current maps through scripted components?

Comment

Noop i am sorry i need level designers ebook which are for free

Comment

Level Designing for UDK or in general?

Comment

When you need a general ebook about level designing, then this will help you: http://www.onlinedesignteacher.com/c...esignGuide.pdf

Comment

There are many non-free books in the form of a PDF. For example, Mastering Unreal Technology Volume 1 and 2, and The Unreal Development Kit Cookbook. Those books are more for level designing, but as for Unreal Script you could try the UnrealScript Game Programming Cookbook. While these aren't free i'm sure you could find a free PDF of them online somewhere. I just grab all my books from file sharing sites, and then pay for the actual book when I get the money (yeh, i'm very low on cash, being a student and all). Just remember to buy the book in the future, so the publisher gets the money. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Thomasmul10 View Post
                There are many non-free books in the form of a PDF. For example, Mastering Unreal Technology Volume 1 and 2, and The Unreal Development Kit Cookbook. Those books are more for level designing, but as for Unreal Script you could try the UnrealScript Game Programming Cookbook. While these aren't free i'm sure you could find a free PDF of them online somewhere. I just grab all my books from file sharing sites, and then pay for the actual book when I get the money (yeh, i'm very low on cash, being a student and all). Just remember to buy the book in the future, so the publisher gets the money. :P
                Same here too but i searched for unreal script i didnt got books but only virus

Comment

lol, yeh, you have to be careful when looking for them. I've got a few books, but not any Unreal Script ones. I tried to download one but I couldn't find the one that i was looking for. Hopefully, I will find it tomorrow, and if I do, i'll send it you if you like. But if you want any of the other books I own, just tell me and i'll sent them to you. Just remember to pay for them eventually - I am by no means supporting the illegal free downloading of books online. I have:

- Mastering Unreal Technology Volume 1 (Beginner/Intermediate Book, but slightly dated. It doesn't cover features such as Landscape, but is good for everything else).
                  - Mastering Unreal Technology Volume 2 (Intermediate/Advanced Book, but again, just slightly dated. It's still a very useful book, and I recommend it).
                  - UDK Level Design Cookbook (For all users of UDK. This book is great. There are loads of 'recipes' to go through, that are very, very good, and many of the things covered provide answers to commonly asked questions such as, 'How do I make an object always face the camera'?, or 'How do I make a shield system on my player'?. Highly recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by fighter5347 View Post
                    When you need a general ebook about level designing, then this will help you: http://www.onlinedesignteacher.com/c...esignGuide.pdf

Not bad, I like how they threw in the cyrisis 2 AI standing there staring at the car lol....

I think any good script books will cost, you want up to date coding for the latest software. C++ soon.
                    Here's a bunch here, http://www.e-booksdirectory.com/list...p?category=264
                    some are free...I've been looking recently!! I'm sure there's more.................

Comment

It wasn't a vey good link, but there is a couple good books.....Here's a better link..http://www.freeprogrammingresources.com/cppbooks.html for beginners like me!!

Comment

Working...
                      X