Material Instances & Kismet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    The end-interation of this will be done via uScript, so uScript can achieve this where Kismet cannot? So long as it's possible with uScript that's fine

Leave a comment:

• replied
    They would have scripted that sort of thing. Kismet is more used for level events.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmm. In that case does anybody know how Epic did the Mulcher in Gears of War 2 and 3?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You have to make another copy of that material instance, each of those is an instance of the original material

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Material Instances & Kismet

Material Instances & Kismet

Hey guys, little question about Material Instances...

I have two meshes in my level which use the same material instance constant, is it possible to modify the properties of a material instance on one of these meshes without affecting the other? Or do instances not work that way and apply accross everything they are applied to?

I basically have a muzzle 'glow' effect on my weapons, which I only want to apply to a single weapon at a time. Is this do-able in Kismet or does it require UScript? Gears of War used a similar effect on their 'Mulcher' weapon, so I'm interested to know how one object can have the material modified without affecting the others? Thanks!
Working...
X