UDK not recognizing .srt files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    by full version You mean 99$ license? I ask because this is often mistake and causes a lot of trouble

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No, the license for speed tree that is included with UDK doesn't allow for speed trees to be exported. They can only be used in UDK.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I could send an email to support, I may try that next if no one has a solution for it on the forums, I try and cover all my bases. I've tried importing the SRT file into the most recent version of UDK you can download from the website, and it successfully brought in the srt if I do it with most recent version, and then I exported the selected tree in either FBX or OBJ format, but it only puts out 1kb files that don't contain any mesh data. Is there anyway to get an obj/fbx from an srt?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am confused because there is only one version of UDK. What do you mean by "full version"? If you are a licensee using full-source UE3, you should be asking this through official support channels.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic UDK not recognizing .srt files

UDK not recognizing .srt files

I've recently cracked open speed tree on the full version of UDK I acquired in January of 2012. One thing I've discovered, much to my dismay, is that it won't recognize .srt files when I try and import them into the content browser. I've had a co-worker download the free version of the editor and import an SRT, but for whatever reason .srt file extensions are not recognized in my version of UDK. Is there a patch out there, or a work around, or perhaps something I'm not doing that anyone knows about?
Working...
X