manage the scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

manage the scene

how can i manage and choose my objects in a place with high quality that i have justice of quality in all palaces without facing lags and decrease in frame rate. thank you

You can either upgrade your hardwares or reduce the detail density. You're welcome.

Comment

no i mean something else. sometimes you work for certain hardware and you want to have highest polygon model with highest quality texture. and you want to be sure that it never loses frame rate. i want to know we can do it by testing and change polygon count of objects or there is a better way?

Comment

It is kind of hard to tell what you are saying. The first thing to consider is that your game will run faster when it is compiled and baked since it won't have the overhead of the editor. Also, you have to basically go through areas and test to see where the game gets laggy, and then try to take out un-necessary art and/or optimize other art. It is also a good idea to go through all your models and make sure they are optimized (I would leave this task to an experienced 3D Artist though). Finally, you should definitely read this article and use some of the techniques in there: http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/PerformanceHome.html

Comment

Working...
        X