Problem with Custom Procedural Sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Custom Procedural Sky

I went through a certain tutorial on Custom Procedural Sky by Juarez(3DBrushWork) and made a sky of my own. But when I light the sky with a dominant Directional Light and switch on its Light Shafts, as you would refer in the attached screenshot(Sky_Doubt01), when the Light Shaft is switched on, I get a weird Cone like shape around my Sun, in one single direction. I'd like this conical shape to either disappear, or spread like a circle all around the sun.

Anyone know how do tackle this?? My sky is basically looking decent for now, except for this issue, so any help will be great Click image for larger version

Name:	Sky_Doubt01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	3253357Click image for larger version

Name:	Sky_SunNodes.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	3253358

try playing with the Trace Distance var on your Dominant Directional Light. as far as I remember the problem was there

Comment

Oh hey, Thank you for the answer. My main file is actually kept on office machine, but I did try in the same environment on my personal machine, and I think your solution will do perfect. In fact I even saw the Trace Distance value on the default scene in UDK, and its kept to a very high value as well.

Thank You so much. Will post my final result tomorrow.

Cheers!

Comment

Hi again! I played with the tracing value of the dominant light and it did work out. But in my case I even found another thing, that even a Skylight I had in the scene was reason for that. So I cut the value as well as the color brightness of Skylight to very less and it worked.

here's the final result(Sky_DoubtSolved)

BTW, if you or anyone else could help, I have another issue too. Right now the sun comes ahead of the clouds texture, which is obvious since it lies on a single Material and static mesh. But I want it to look natural, i.e., the sun coming behind the clouds. I do have an option to use a second static mesh with only moving clouds Material on it, though. But still, getting it in a single material would be really better.

Cheers!
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X