Kismet Key/Button Pressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kismet Key/Button Pressed

I have a "MobilePlaceablePawn" that I am controlling with the "Key/Button Pressed" nodes. I have WSAD set up and my air plane is moving the correct directions with the "Set Velocity" nodes. The problem is when I release the button it does not stop. I see a "Released" output from the "Key/Button Pressed" node. How do I make the plane stop in its place?

Use the set velocity to change it back to 0, when the key is released

Comment

I duplicated the "Set Velocity" that is connected to "Pressed". The duplicate I set to 0 and connected it to "Released" but nothing is happening.

Comment

I found out that specific input binds do not do anything on the "released" node, such as using "W" as the input. If you use the GBA commands, it should work fine - GBA_MoveForward, GBA_MoveBackward, GBA_StrafeLeft, GBA_StrafeRight.

Here is an image of the Kismet that works for me:

Comment

Thank you. It works. I did find out that "GBA_MoveBackward" has been changed to "GBA_Backward" in the "DefaultInput.ini". One more thing if you don't mind. I am making an on rails shooter. I have my air plane set up after "Level Loaded" with a "Set Velocity" so the plane will fly forward infinitely. My plane does fly forward just fine but as soon as I press one of the movement buttons it stops. I would like to control the plane movement while still flying forward. How do I do this?

Comment

Working...
          X