Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exterior light coming in in closed room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exterior light coming in in closed room?

Hi,

I have a closed room, without lights inside, but I have a sky dome outside.

The room is built with several planes (static mesh) super-imposed. The lightmap for each plane is just one big square.

How can I prevent the light from the sky dome entering this closed room?

Is there a lightimportancevolume? (I dont know the exactly name). When yes, delete it.

Comment

Or you could also try to add a dominant point light with 0 strength

Comment

If you have parts of the meshes that go beyond the edges of the room then what happens is that the outside surfaces get illumination and the pixels of the lightmap can end up going past where you want them to since the lightmap probably doesn't line up exactly where the walls intersect. Either construct the room out of geometry that meet at the corners or increase the lightmap resolution though that probably won't fix it.

Comment

Thanks for your answers! Yeah, it has a light importance volume, will delete it, add the dominant light , and re-check the corners, and see if it changes.

Comment

Originally posted by oozeslime View Post
            Thanks for your answers! Yeah, it has a light importance volume, will delete it, add the dominant light , and re-check the corners, and see if it changes.
            Don't delete it. You need that or else the lighting will take longer to build.

Comment

I face this issue all the time, and it's just the beginning of the "Lightmass Nightmare". Try to increase the lightmap res as darthviper suggested, it will do the trick. Do not go too high though.

Comment

Working...
              X