Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to find new weapon assets?

Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to UDK, and I have been reading up on how to design levels. I am working on one right now, however I was wondering, the only weapon assets in the game that I noticed are the ones that came with the Game engine for Unreal Tournament. Are there weapons like shotguns and assault rifles that we can use as well? If there aren't any that come with the engine, are there any for free we can download and use? Would they even work or do you have to add an animation to the weapons to get them to fire? I just want to quickly test my map with different weaponry.

You can either download the weapon pack from here http://darkarts3d.co.uk/dawd.html or you can download weapon models from blendswap, turbosquid,.... and set them up so they will work in UDK. Just watch my tutorials, there you will learn how to set them up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_N6NwVX__k

Comment

Originally posted by junfanbl View Post
      Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to UDK, and I have been reading up on how to design levels. I am working on one right now, however I was wondering, the only weapon assets in the game that I noticed are the ones that came with the Game engine for Unreal Tournament. Are there weapons like shotguns and assault rifles that we can use as well? If there aren't any that come with the engine, are there any for free we can download and use? Would they even work or do you have to add an animation to the weapons to get them to fire? I just want to quickly test my map with different weaponry.
      You can download a sniper rifle and M16 on my website in my signature below! If you want to extract them from the UDK editor, use either FBX export or Umodel !

Comment

awesome, thanks! I also was wondering, do you guys know where or how I can implement a sentry gun kind of like the engineer does in team fortress 2?

Comment

There is a tutorial over on the UDN for a simple automated turret. With that turret all you need to do is allow your player pawn to spawn the turret with some sort of construction animation or something.

Comment

what would be a good way to add a pair of hands/arms holding the gun(s)? as well as realistic reload animations with them..

Comment

Working...
            X