Abandoned Factory Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I probably should have updated this in some way; the lighting issue mysteriously disappeared a few days ago. At any rate, I'll keep your suggestions in mind in case the problem comes around again.

In the meantime, I'll look into Polycount. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, my first note is that you should post this on Polycount, since you will get more responses from people with more experience. But otherwise, I would first check your Lightmap UVs are good, then I would make sure there is no BSP in the scene. After that, I don't really know, although you shouldn't have to put all those pointlights in the scene. Building with production lighting will help (although it will take a while, so only do it sometimes and for your final version), and you will need to add other lights inside that are part of the scene -- that is where most of your light will come from. Hope some of that helps!

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Abandoned Factory Level

Abandoned Factory Level

I'm currently working on a class project wherein I will create a full, moderately large level in UDK. The area will be an abandoned factory complex outside a major city. I have the basis for the main building already created...

...with more to come in regards to layout, materials, meshes, etc.

I just wish to upload these images in order to attain feedback about my level designing skills, if they actually exist. Oh, and I should probably point out: I'm merely a hobbyist. The class I'm building this for is graphic-design, not 3D or game, oriented, and I have no academic background in UDK or any similar program. Should anything I do seem unprofessional or ill-advised, please don't hesitate to second-guess my skills or judgement.
Working...
X