Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Solved) Where has UT WaterVolume gone?

Hi All,

Just came to add a water volume and it's completely gone from my volume list. Has it been removed or is it hidden away somewhere?

I tried simulating it with a gravity volume but the player still sticks to the ground, and when you jump you just fly up into the air - not very realistic

I'm using UDK Feb 2013.

Thanks All,

WinningHarp177

LOL, oh my, didnt realise that UT WaterVolume has the that unforunate swear words in it (if you're as dirty minded as the UDK forum auto checker!) The edit post doesnt seem to let you edit the subject.Didnt mean to swear - honest

Comment

That's weird, as far as I can see UT WaterVolume is still in UDK, did you try to scroll down? It should be on the bottom of the list - in fact it should be the last one.
      Also you should be able to edit your thread title if you want to; by checking your threads i.e Find latest started threads then without clicking on the link, left-click twice near the thread title and you should be able to edit it.

Comment

Hmmm, it's just not in the list. In fact all the volumes prefixed with UT are gone. The last entry is UDKForcedDirectionVolume. Anyone else using Feb 2013 UDK finding this?

I had to go edit/advanced to sort the subject line, cheers

Comment

If every UT volume isn't here than this could be due to a clean install, i.e no UT files, scripts etc.

Comment

Ahh, i have recently done a clean install, from UDK Oct 2012 to Feb 2013 due to it being an unsatble pain with Landscapes.

You think it may be missing files?

Comment

Aye, that's what I'm thinking; I haven't got a clean install here hence I cannot check, but I'm pretty sure this is normal for a clean install, on a non-clean install a .uc file called UT WaterVolume should be on the UTGame folder, as far as I know it shouldn't be included on a clean install though, hence it could be why you're not seeing it.

Comment

Thanks for the help Reinrag, it's starting to make sense.

Is there any way I can get those .uc files without a full reinstall?

Comment

Sorted it. I bit the bullet and reinstalled UDK. I just made sure not to delete user files, and on reinstall selected sample UT files (which I didnt last time, hence no UT volume files).

Comment

Working...
                  X