Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errors when building Lights.

Hello there.
    It's been only a week that I've been using UDK.
    With some tutorials from uni I started creating my own level.
    It's almost finished now and wanted to put lights but I get the
    errors "StaticMesh has invalid LightMapCoordinateIndex" and "Error: Object Has Overlapping UVs" (7 of them).

From the dialog box with the errors I can't select or delete or even find what object causes the problem and in a
    level with aprox 800 meshes it's an overkill trying to find the one that's faulty.

Any tips of how to find the ones with errors?

It should give the name of the static mesh that has the errors. Though sometimes it's incorrect and those objects are just fine.

Comment

It doesn't give any names.
      Even when I'm trying to delete to "go to" it doesn't do anything.

Also there are some corners in my level that aren't lit at all.

Comment

- are there multiple copies of the same mesh? rather than 800 individual meshes? If so - with a test map - put in half of all your meshes & build the lighting. If no errors, the dodgy meshes are part of the other half. Then put in half of the remainder & repeat process until you have isolated which mesh/s have the problems. 'LightMapCoordinateIndex' means going back to the modelling program and fixing the Lightmap UV channel -should be lightmap in channel 2

Comment

A faster method than constantly rebuilding lights in a test level is to just go into the content browser and start opening up the meshes in the scene (double click them) then turn on the UV overlay. If UV channel 1 shows up as red then you've found the culprit. Adjust those UVs so they are in the 0-1 space and don't overlap, reimport and build lights. If there's more warnings then you know there's more to fix.

Comment

Working...
          X