Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if Actor (or anything else) in my file is actually selected

Hello,

I've been having this problem since last week. Every time I try to select something within my level, I get what you see below. I am not using levels or sub levels and I can access any properties of the selected item and can move the item around (in the case of the picture, a static mesh). I know that when you click on something in UDK, it should turn blue to show it's selected. I'm not sure why it's not or why it has that border looking thing around it. Maybe it's something set in my copy of UDK? I wish I could have someone look at my file, but it's rather big, scripts would have to be edited and rebuilt, and I'd have to give out all of the packages I used. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need to have this done by Friday at the latest (submitting to a contest at my college). I'm using 2012 November version. Thank you!

preferences -> highlight selected objects with brackets

Comment

Hello redbox,

Thank you for your help. I honestly don't remember selecting that in the Preferences. It actually caused a problem when I went to set up rotating platforms with Matinee. Thanks again! ^_^

Comment

Yeah I had the same issue with that version if UDK. The blue highlights just stopped working one day and never came back. The brackets are your only option aside from upgrading unless someone's figured out how to fix this by now.

Comment

exploring configs?
          DefaultEditor or something like that?

Comment

Working...
          X