Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum Suction.

Hi!

Me and my colleague are working our butts of trying to figure out this one thing, how to make a vacuum suction. See, we make a game that will take part, mostly in outer space, so we wanted to add a cool feature to the gameplay. I.E when you break a wall between you and outer space, you and anything in that room within a proximity will suffer from the violent force from the vacuum trying to pull you out of the room, and stop when you hit certain things, or until the air is gone.

A similar effect would be like when you break certain glass panes in Dead Space 2. I know that Bulletstorm also had this one scene, but that was a scripted event, so you didn't have much choice but to comply.

How would you go about this? We have some ideas involving the use of volumes, Kismet and matine, but it would be fun and interesting to know if someone had a short how to (or long for that matter) on how to do this, and are able to point us in the right direction?

Thank you in advance!

_RTG

A gravity volume should do the trick.

Comment

Gravity volumes only pull in the direction of gravity. You'd need to create some kind of force volume, likely in script.

Comment

Well, the gravity volume is somewhat useful, only problem is that you somehow only react to it if you jump or move within the field. Could be that we simply just failed at setting it up, but heck, trial and error right? Will look into a force volume too. Thank you for replying!

Comment

Working...
        X