How do I find kismet nodes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I find kismet nodes?

Ok I keep running into this problem. I am fairly new to Kismet and I'll often find a tutorial that tells me to use a kismet node but doesn't tell me where that node is located in the editor, eg Right click>New Action>Actor Factory. The one I am currently looking for is "Attach to Event" but it would be really useful if there was a search feature that I could just open and grab any node I need by name.

Thanks in advance for the help.

There is no search. Sorry.

Once you use Kismet enough, you'll start to remember. I know that's a frustrating answer but that's how it goes. Try to remember what sort of Kismet node you need. As an example, anything that would 'trigger' something, is probably an event, and under the 'event' section because of that. Actions are things that usually happen after an event. Comparisons are what happens when you need to check one thing against another. Knowing this won't give you the specific location but will at least give you a better direction to look.

Attach To Event is: Action -> Event -> Attach To Event.

Edit:

Or, do what I did not know - thanks JessieG - and while in the Kismet window click the button that looks like a light bulb :
    This will bring up a window that you can search or scroll through.

Comment

Originally posted by Vawx View Post
      There is no search. Sorry.

Once you use Kismet enough, you'll start to remember. I know that's a frustrating answer but that's how it goes. Try to remember what sort of Kismet node you need. As an example, anything that would 'trigger' something, is probably an event, and under the 'event' section because of that. Actions are things that usually happen after an event. Comparisons are what happens when you need to check one thing against another. Knowing this won't give you the specific location but will at least give you a better direction to look.

Attach To Event is: Action -> Event -> Attach To Event.
      There is a search. The magnifying glass button at the top.

Comment

That is a search for what has already been used, not what is in the menus. Such as, not being able to search through whats in: Right-click-> New Action / New Event / New Condition, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Vawx View Post
          That is a search for what has already been used, not what is in the menus. Such as, not being able to search through whats in: Right-click-> New Action / New Event / New Condition, etc...
          I actually stated that wrong, you're correct that the magnifying glass searches for already used nodes. But one button to the left of the that is the "New Sequence Object" button, which is what I meant to say. A search box pops up in there. You can most definitely search for something. It also shows the types of each node as well.

Comment

That saves me so much time, thank you all.

Comment

Working...
            X