X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    This is an simpel MAterial to assign to the hightmap

And this is how to assign it to LandscapeSystem

The name of the Layer (Snow,Rock ) need to be the same in Material and LandscapeSystem
    You can then Handpaint it. OR you can make a Layer with WorldMachine and then import it .... then it will be painted automatic

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Take a look at this page to get you started:
    http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/LandscapeMaterials.html

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Need Assistance with UDK Landscape Materials

Need Assistance with UDK Landscape Materials

Hey guys, I am newto using UDK and it's landscape system. I have created a terrain using WorldMachine and imported it into UDK with a resolution of 1009 x 1009 which is pretty big. I think the terrain looks nice but it's lacking materials needed in order for it to become even better. I don't really know how to use the Material Editor's advanced side but I know: TerrainCoords, TextureSamples, attaching normalmaps. Everything else is a mystery to me. Is there anybody out there that can tell me how to apply Materials to my terrain through the Landscape tool's Layers. I want the slope's of the terrain to be rock whilst the rest is Snow. Somehow I also want the erosion (flow) to be a different material well. I already have the FlowMap, ColorMap, Heightmap, NormalMap, WearMap, AmbientOcclusion, DepostionMap and Lightmap.

Working...
X