Problem with light.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Your material is adding Green and Blue from one normal map to the other with the constant3vector, thing is wrong and is going to cause odd lighting artifacts. You want to be adding RED and GREEN channels, NOT the blue channel.

To do this, change the values in the constant3vector to 1,1,0. Hope this makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did you even read the link? I put it there for a reason.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sure they look better but eat up lots of memory. You should really only use them for a few special materials, like ocean or sky e.g.
    This is obviously not a normal map issue but a lighting issue.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just a note on normal map compression, you should use normalmap uncompressed for normal maps. They'll look tons better.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Norma...apUncompressed / V8U8

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry for the double post, i see if i dont use LightmassImportance Volume they are no problem, i dont know why so i still without for now.

Leave a comment:

• replied

it's better but he still a little shadow or i dont know how to say this on the wall. I dont know if you can see this on the picture.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When you import the texture it will ask what compression setting you want to do to the normal map, you set that to TC_Normalmap, you can't do it after a normal map is imported, you have to re-import it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How i do this ? For my normal map i use crazybump software and my picture it's TGA format.

Thank for the answer.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Your normal map is wrong, you need to import it with normal map compression. When you do, it will appear different in the material

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I disabled Allow Lightmap Specular on all materials but nothing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Disable "Allow Lightmap Specular" in the material properties.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Problem with light.

Problem with light.

Hello everyone, i just create 3 materials and when i build the light, many shadow appear on the floor and wall but i dont know why.

I use global illumination and ambient occlusion and i have a LightmassImportanceVolume.
    Thank you for your help and sorry for my poor english.
Working...
X